Pages

Monday, 27 May 2013

Hello! This is ME

Hi and my name is Lia. Here is a little bit about me... why I began this blog... and why I think the world would be a better place if we could just start loving our SELVES.

I love to say that I spend my day's trying to help people feel and get better... inside and out. Because its so obvious in this day and age, that hardly any of us feel our best.  

I'm proud to be a Naturopath and a Remedial Massage Therapist, after thinking seriously about embarking on another 5-7 years of study to join the medical profession, I decided that not only would it be impractical, costly and time-consuming, I decided that for me, the term doctor is not associated with being a 'healer' anymore. Though many have those inherent instincts, and I respect them for their enormous amount of knowledge and skill... the use of pharmaceutical drugs so often leads to dependence and further disease. 

It is absolutely true that man-made drugs or medicines have the incredible ability to make the best of potentially life-threatening situations. Antibiotics have saved us from countless illnesses that were once death sentences. Vaccination has protected us from many diseases of both childhood, adolescence and adulthood. There is a drug to treat emotional problems, mental problems, and physical problems galore. Yes we do live longer. Yes there are more of us on the planet.

But do you feel better? Has the quality of our lives and our parents and grandparents lives improved?

Sometimes yes. A headache can be done away with in half an hour with an Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory or an Aspirin. A heart transplant can give a new lease on life for a sufferer of cardiovascular disease. Insulin can be administered to a Type 1 diabetic to keep them alive. Therefore conventional medicine is remarkable. Awe-inspiring. But is it a cure-all? Well, obviously not. Otherwise we would all be happy and healthy. Everyday. All day.

So what is it about? It's about looking after ourselves. Putting us first. Stress, self-doubt, comparisons, second-guessing, not knowing ourselves, being out of touch with our bodies, feeling tired, exhausting our bodies capacity to process drugs, drink, crap food... aahhh its endless. And to top it all off, a lot of us have poor self-esteem or low confidence. We end up unhappy, as we constantly expect more and more of ourselves.

Doing a bit of a life overhaul is not as daunting as it sounds. It just requires the right attitude, a passion to be happy, and the willingness to change little by little. We can heal our lives.

Feel the benefits... and you will never look back. Its not about going all hippy... although that wouldn't be the worst thing! Its about looking at the bigger picture. There is a place for modern medicine, a place for ancient medicine, a place for wholesome food, a place for movement. There is no place for self-criticism, no place for self-abuse, and no place to tolerate it from others.

Join me and we will learn more and more together! I will show you what I know, please show me what you know...

Lia X

No comments:

Post a Comment